Boulder New Tech Meetup hosts 2 days of Techstars
- Happy Birthday New Tech – 7 years ago this month 40+ people got together at the Me.dium offices on Pearl street in Boulder.
- Membership is now 9,614
- We’ve had 141 New Tech meetings
- We host 3 meetings a month (Boulder, Denver, Fort Collins)
- Over 700 companies are mapped at bdnt.org (if you’re not on the map, shame on you, go do it now)
- We help 100′s of companies find employees up and down the front range
- Wish yourself a Happy Birthday fellow New Tech member, you are AMAZING.
- August in Boulder means TechStars and we have 2 nights of presentations. August 5 and 6. Monday the 5th is oversold, but Tuesday the 6th has a few open seats. (http://bdnt.org)
- September 16-21 is Denver Startup Week ( a celebration of all things startup) and New Tech has decided to blow it up and I mean blow itttttttt up. Stay tuned as our New Tech hosts plan the biggest New Tech Ever and celebrate, shall i say it, 10,000 members.
- We get tons of requests from the community every month, but these 3 always outnumber the rest:
- How do I present my company (fill out this form)
- Do you know where i can find a full time developer/designer/admin/BD/sales (http://bdnt.org/hiring)
- Do you know where I can find a freelance developer/designer (I am so excited to announce our Freelancer Availability Search Engine, stay tuned and constantly refresh your browser at http://bdnt.org for more details….)
Job highlights from the job board (to see more jobs: http://bdnt.org/hiring):
- A hitchhikers Guide to Boulder
- Boulder Startup Center
- Startup Colorado
Blog of the month
We love our sponsors: thank you
With more than 400 million auctions per day, SpotXchange is the largest global marketplace of video ad inventory reaching 120 million unique visitors in more than 50 countries each month. The leading platform for programmatic buying and selling of digital video, SpotXchange connects thousands of publishers with advertisers, agencies, trading desks, DSPs and ad networks, running top brand campaigns through its IAB-certified marketplace. SpotXchange shows premium publishers and more than 1,000 world class advertisers that there is a better way to buy and sell digital video — with solutions that guarantee total transparency, brand safety and real-time control in either a private or public marketplace.
The product of over 50 person years of engineering effort, AlchemyAPI is a cloud-based text mining platform providing the most comprehensive set of semantic analysis capabilities in the natural language processing field. Used over 3 billion times per month by 23,000+ developers, AlchemyAPI enables customers to perform large-scale social media monitoring, target advertisements more effectively, track influencers and sentiment within the media, automate content aggregation and recommendation, make more accurate stock trading decisions, enhance business and government intelligence systems, and create smarter applications and services.
Technical Integrity (http://technicalintegrity.com/)
We’ve created a better way to help employers and highly skilled technologists connect. It involves critical elements that so many people forget: a focus on a two-way cultural matching for both our clients and candidates, as well as engaging with and giving back to the community. This is part of our DNA, and as a result we’ve changed the way technical placements are done. We are highly selective and only work with the most interesting and well-respected startups and mid-size employers in Boulder, Denver, and around the nation. These are companies who treat their employees with respect, have fun, and understand that valued employees = happy employees . We also take pride in representing only the best Engineers and Executives. We emphasize quality, honesty, and integrity in everything we do. Over the past two years we have given back more than $20,000 to charities and non-profits in Boulder and beyond as we believe it’s the right thing to do. We are proud to be sponsoring Boulder Denver New Tech Meetup. Additionally, over the past few years we’ve helped our community bring together like-minded folks regularly at Ignite Boulder and BoulderBeta and various Women in Technology groups, to name a few. Please drop us a line to say hello and let us know how we can be of assistance to you or your organization.
Silicon Flatirons (http://www.silicon-flatirons.org)
CU-Boulder’s Silicon Flatirons Center is a donor-supported entity which helps connect the fabric of the Front Range’s software, Internet, and telecom entrepreneurship scene. SFC’s objective is to help catalyze startups by connecting CU to the Mile High Tech emerging company community. In addition to the Meetup, SFC’s Entrepreneurship Initiative includes the Entrepreneurial Law Clinic, the Entrepreneurs Unplugged series, Crash Courses on entrepreneurship, and our annual March entrepreneurship conference. SFC additionally works closely with partners across the CU campus to present the New Venture Challenge. SFC is delighted to serve as a Meetup sponsor since 2007.
Mode Set (http://www.modeset.com)
More than just developers, we want to understand your business model, your risks, blockers, opportunities, and market advantages. We’re here to build you a viable, releasable product you can take to customers, investors, and stakeholders. Whether that product is a web application, mobile application or social application, or purely architecture, infrastructure or optimization, we can help. We bring with us extensive knowledge and years of experience working with clients ranging from early-stage startups to large global brands.
SOURCE : Robert ReichFollow Register | Login | News Feed