SPECIAL REPORT: #boulderfire Fourmile Wildfire reporter, Frank Eriksen
by Frank Eriksen, Fourmile Wildfire reporter
Boulder Colorado, Sept. 10, 2010
My Personal Views…
1. Considering the wind we’ve had today -The fire crews battling this blaze are doing an unbelievable job!
2. My thanks to the Daily Camera for staying on top of this like no one else in the area. I’ve done a lot of cutting and pasting of news and info they’ve gathered.
3. If he runs (and I hope he does) Sheriff Joe Pelle will get my vote the next time he’s up for re-election. He’s been Boulder’s Rudy Giuliani through all of this. Calm, collected and fearless! A true leader!
4. Most of the people I’ve met who have lost homes in the wildfire have a serenity about them I find enormously empowering.
5. Boulder is a town of haves v have-nots / rich v poor / city v county / liberal v conservative / tax spenders v tax payers. But the Fourmile Fire has brought this community together in a way I haven’t seen in my 20 years here. Let’s keep it going! (The community – not the fire)
6. Yesterday as I was driving along East Pearl Street. There was a young woman driving behind me – smoking a cigarette. Flicking the ashes out the window as she drove and hanging her left hand out the window holding the lit cigarette in the breeze. Are some people just brain-dead?????? Good grief!
7. I’ve tried to put myself in the shoes of evacuees and the newly displaced. People who’ve lost everything. I can’t imagine what it must be like for them. I’m counting my blessings.
8. And finally – to all the brave men and women who’ve been risking their lives to keep us safe. I can’t thank you enough – but if our paths cross – I hope you’ll let me try. God Bless You – For Blessing Us!
Frank Eriksen is “the voice of Boulder”, along time Voice over professional, radio reporter formerly with KBCO and KSPN He is on special assignment to Boulderchannel 1 during this Crissis