1. Wash butternut squash.
2. Poke holes in outside of squash to prepare for baking.
3. Bake squash at 350° for an hour in oven or until brown and very tender when tested with a fork or knife.
4. Split squash in half and remove seeds with a spoon.
5. Remove skin from edges.
6. Next add chicken broth and fresh herbs (tied with butcher twine) to large pot and simmer.
7. Simmer for a few minutes and then add squash.
8. Continue to simmer for about 15 to 20 minutes.
9. Remove herbs from pot and discard of all excess leaves.
10. Add contents of pot to a blender and mix starting slowly and gradually increasing speed.
11. Top off with salt and cayenne pepper.